Our Instruments and Equipment
The Rhythm Section
- Scott "Papa Doc" Collier plays LP bongos, congas and assorted percussion instruments.
Scott is our choreographer and motivational leader.
- Mark Friedrich plays both bass and keyboards. Mark is the best key bass player around. He
plays a Roland keygoard with either a Korg or Alesis sound module. His amplifier of choice is a
Crate K-150 from St. Louis Music
with separate channel sends for bass and keyboards to the sound system.
- Dave Fowler plays a Gibson 1987 ES-335 guitar
with WC&S. He also uses a Fender Strat or Tele with The Charlie B Group. Pedals include a
Boss ME-50, Barber overdrive, and a Cry Baby wah. His amplifier is a Junior Blues from Fender.
- Joe "The King" Weber currently plays a new set of white pearl finish Ludwig drums
with Sabian cymbals. Joe has great time, plays any style, and has a special flair for driving a big band.
The Horn Section
- Jim Manley plays the V-Raptor trumpet with
Bob Reeves mouthpieces. Jim, one of the
foremost authorities on breathing techniques, is always being cornered by some of the best trumpet
players for pointers.
- Larry Johnson plays Selmar tenor and alto saxes. Larry's sound is huge. It is a sound other
players would die for.
- Mark Garcia plays both trumpet and flugelhorn. Mark is a tasty soloist with a smooth relaxed
- Jim "Big Slide" Owens plays trombone with WC&S and trombone/keyboards with The Charlie B Group.
Jim is a great section player and soloist. His considerable keyboard talents are an added plus.
Marc, Larry, Jim, Scott, Charlie, Mark, Manley, Dave, Joe